Preparing for moving day can seem overwhelming at first. There seems to be an endless checklist of things to do, but your friends at ABC Moving & Storage have put together all the essential items in one place. With more than 20 years of experience in the moving business, we have devised a list of the essential moving tips to keep in mind so that you're as prepared as possible for your big moving day. From planning to packing and settling in, these guidelines will help you every step of the way:
- Start planning your move at least 6 weeks in advance to ensure that you get the crew, equipment and moving dates that you need. If possible, plan your move in an off-peak season, avoiding June to September.
- Ask your friends, neighbors and family for moving company references. Get at least three in-home written estimates before choosing a company.
- Be sure to obtain all required documents from your moving company, such as Your Rights and Responsibilities and Ready to Move brochures.
- Clear out the clutter in your house before packing. Dispose of anything you don't need to take with you to your new home. This will simplify your move and reduce packing time, as well as reduce the cost of your total move.
- Get help with packing beforehand. Sign on friends and family to help with the task. ABC Moving & Storage even provides full-service packing if self-pack is not desired.
- Be sure to cancel all the utilities at your old house and have the new utilities turned on at your new residence so they're ready as soon as you arrive.
- Have refreshments and snacks on hand for your family and the moving crew, especially if you're moving during the warmer months. Either way, it's a nice gesture and will be much appreciated.
The most important of the moving tips for preparing for a move is to choose a reputable, experienced company such as ABC Moving & Storage. Choosing the right moving company is imperative to the ease and success of your move. Preparing for a move should be hassle free, and at ABC Moving & Storage: "We Make Moving Less Stressful." Call us today for more information or to schedule your free, in-home estimate. You can also fill out our quick online form to receive a no-obligation quote.