As we all become more aware of the impact that living day-to-day life can have on the environment, there’s been a growing interest in finding ways to reduce that impact. That’s why many are pushing for environmentally friendly moving practices from the companies they choose.
If you are thinking about relocating soon, you’ll find that there’s a lot your Worcester long-distance movers can do to cut back on waste and pollution. From choosing reusable moving supplies to relying on renewable energy sources in their facilities, businesses can lead the way in being sustainable. It’s not just your Worcester long-distance movers who can help the planet though, you can also take steps to reduce your impact during a relocation!
How Your Moving Company Can be More Eco-Friendly
If you are looking at different moving companies with an eye towards reducing your impact on the environment, feel free to ask them what energy-saving measures they take during relocations.
Here are a few things an environmentally conscious moving company will do:
- The mover frequently combines smaller shipments from different customers during cross-country moves in a single truck.
- They prefer re-useable moving boxes, like wardrobe boxes, plastic crates, and moving blankets and rubber bands.
- The mover will also opt for facilities that rely on wind and solar power whenever possible.
- You might also notice that they encourage recycling by employees in their facilities.
- Their offices use recycled materials and products & also use technology and equipment longer before upgrading.
- The moving company may also make use of environmentally friendly cleansers.
- Their fleet is also serviced in a more environmentally conscious way.
Reducing Your Environmental Impact During a Long-Distance Move
Of course, you can also take steps to reduce your waste, reuse items, and recycle items during that long-distance move too. Taking direct action is always the most rewarding way to help the environment. Consider cutting down on your carbon footprint and eliminating waste with these environmentally friendly moving tips:
- Properly dispose of any household chemicals, paints, gas, or oil you have rather than pouring it down the drain.
- Donate any furniture, household goods, or clothing you won’t be moving to a local charity.
- Properly dispose of broken, obsolete electronics, or donate still useable electronics rather than throwing them out.
- Donate any non-perishable food you have remaining to the local food pantry.
- Pick up used boxes for packing your items; consider asking at your grocery store if they have any unwanted boxes you can take.
- Use your bath towels, hand towels, and other linens as padding for delicate items, like cups, plates, and knick knacks.
With these steps and by also choosing professional residential movers in Worcester that follows environmentally responsible business practices, you’ll be able to do the most you can to impact the climate the least!
Learn More About Our Long-Distance Moving Services
At ABC Moving & Storage, we work closely with customers to fulfill all of their wishes for that long-distance move. No matter what you require, we’ll do our best to provide it.
As agents of Allied Van Lines, ABC Moving & Storage is able to work with other movers across the country to complete your relocations quickly and easily. Our Worcester long-distance movers also offer a wide range of moving and storage services, like:
- Free Moving Estimates
- Use of Furniture Blankets and Padding
- Self-Packing Supplies
- Custom Crating Options
- Short- and Long-Term Storage
- Item Inventory
- Online Shipment Tracking
- Valuation Protection
- Vehicle Shipping Services
If you are ready to begin a long-distance move in Worcester, give us a call today. Or fill in our online form. ABC Moving & Storage will be happy to arrange a free, in-home or virtual estimate for you.